Stick It Out

Welcome to "Stick It Out." This is a place where all the stick people of the world live, play, and experience everyday activities like you and I. Every once in a while they do encounter humans, aliens, animals, and other creatures that do not live in "Our" everyday world. They live in constant fear of only two things: "The Creator," (me), and the evil conglomeration of the Eraser Company.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Swamp People

For everyone who might happen to see this: I live about a half hour from where this show is filmed and I don't sound, act, or drive a boat to work like the characters do on Swamp People. They are just a bit of our diverse culture in Louisiana. Those guys work hard for a living but the rest of our state shouldn't be pigeonholed into that same stereotype. Personally, I'm scared to death of alligators, and wouldn't want to be anywhere near one of those things. But after a month of teaching at the school I work at, I say the same thing about my students!
WE DON'T HAVE TO UNDERSTAND OTHER CULTURES BUT WE SHOULD RESPECT THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment